Saturday, December 20, 2014

DIY redecorated container



Hello again! Today's blog post will be about how to decorate an old container or case or what ever you want to redecorated. I have already redecorate was a Pencil stand. I currently use this container to hold all of my pencils and pens.
My pencil and pens container

This lovely pencil and pen container is redecorated using washi tape. All i did was wrap my washi tape around the container and cut it off. As you can see some parts aren't sticking down and that is only cause I have had the redecorated container for a while now.For this craft you can use any kind of container. I am going to be using my mouth wash container for my braces. 
Container I am using
What you are going to want to do first is to gather your supplies. The supplies you will need are a container of any kind, washi tape or duct tape, scissors or crafting knife, and that is it. This will cost you $10-$15 or so if you don't have the supplies but since I have all of the supplies already that is all you need. Lets get started!
Step 1


The first step is to gather all of your supplies. For this I  used duct tape and a bow I found . I forgot to put it in the photo and there is a crafting knife involved. Please when using a crafting be very safe and try not to cut your self :). 
Step 2.

The second step is to place out your duct tape or washi tape and cut it to your desired length. I cut my pieces in half because my duct tape is thick. Make sure to do this with your other colour if you have a different color.
Step 3.
The third step is to start wrapping the piece  of tape around the top ( or bottom, doesn't matter). You will wrap that around until you have went around your container once. There isn't much to this step but ya.

Step 4.

On step step four you are going to cut off the extra tape. This step is optional  because you can wrap it around more then once but I decided to :). There isn't much to this step either.




Step 5.
For step 5 you are going to repeat steps 2-4 until you have completed the entire container.( by the way my duct taping skills are terrible in this tutorial ).



Finish Result
This is my finished results. This is optional but you can tape or glue on a bow or charms on your container and that is what I did. There you go, you have your own redecorated container. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial so much. Also be free to share this with your friends. I will see you guys tomorrow ( maybe:} )



-Storm


No comments:

Post a Comment